Due to precautions related to COVID-19, we have expanded our options for remote consultations. Please contact our office to discuss whether a full phone consultation or video conference is appropriate for your situation.

Which Kentucky felonies are eligible for expungement?

On Behalf of | Oct 14, 2020 | Criminal Defense

Getting your criminal record wiped clean, or expunged, can make a world of difference in your life. The state of Kentucky offers expungement for many felony offenses. When you consider the hardships people face after legal trouble, you can see the value of seeking an expungement. For example, an expungement can make it easier to find employment and housing for those with felony marks on their record.

The felonies that may be eligible for expungement is far too long to list here, however, the section below contains a few examples. Expungement may be possible for:

  • Using forgery or fraud to obtain a prescription for controlled substances
  • 3rd-degree burglary
  • Operating a sham business or a front company
  • 1st-degree possession of a controlled substance
  • Theft by unlawful taking
  • Unauthorized use of a motor vehicle or other propelled vehicle
  • The counterfeiting of intellectual property
  • Gaining unlawful access to a computer in the second degree
  • Receiving stolen property valued at under $10,000
  • 1st-degree criminal mischief
  • Cultivation of marijuana
  • Use of a scanner or other device to unlawfully obtain payment card information
  • Institutional vandalism
  • Tampering with physical evidence
  • 2nd or subsequent offense involving the possession of drug paraphernalia

To achieve the best results when pursuing an expungement, consider consulting with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Such collaboration helps you identify whether you qualify for expungement and allows you to begin the process as soon as possible.

Successfully erasing your criminal history means achieving a way of life that offers many rewards. If you do not see an offense in this blog post that pertains to you, ask a criminal defense attorney about your case.